Here’s a list of venues in the Tweed that either occasionally or regularly have live music. Check the Tweed Scene gig guide to see what’s on.
If you’d like to enjoy a night out with a few drinks without the worry of driving, some venues offer a courtesy bus service on Friday and Saturday nights. Contact the venue for operating areas and times.
If you’re a venue that would like to have your listing upgraded to include your address, phone, photo and/or logo, website link and Google map, please get in touch.
TWEED & SURROUNDS
- Café D’Bah – live acoustic performers on weekends.
- Seagulls – free live music Friday & Saturday nights in the Lakeview Lounge. Courtesy Bus service available.
- Twin Towns – this huge complex has several venues and hosts major ticketed acts; plus free entertainment every day at Breezes (day and night); and Thursday – Saturday evenings. Courtesy Bus service available.
- Tweed Head Bowls Club – free entertainment nightly and 11-3 Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Courtesy Bus service available.
- South Tweed Sports Club – Saturday afternoon live jazz from 3pm, live band Saturday evenings.
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club – free live music Saturday nights, plus ticketed events.
- The Ivory Tavern – occasional live music.
- Coolangatta Hotel (The Cooly) – free live music in the public bar, ticketed live band events upstairs.
- The Coolangatta Sands Hotel – piano bar/acoustic in the Lounge Fri-Sun nights, acoustic performers in the Front Bar Fri-Sat nights (free). Courtesy Bus service available.
- Sunhouse Cafe, Coolangatta – live music Sunday afternoons.
- Ilnam Estate Winery has live music occasionally.
- Soundlounge – while it’s over the border into Queensland, it’s the closest venue to the Tweed (apart from The Cooly) featuring nationally touring Australian acts. Recent refurbishments in 2013 were completed to enhance the live music accoustics and increase audience capacity.
FINGAL, CHINDERAH, KINGSCLIFF
- Sheoak Shack, Fingal – free live music Saturday nights (7pm).
- Chinderah Tavern (The Chindy) – free live music Friday evening, Sat & Sunday afternoons from 2pm. Courtesy Bus service available.
- Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club – free live music Monday 12-3pm, Friday & Saturday nights. Courtesy Bus service available.
- Cudgen Leagues Club – free music Thursdays from 5.30pm & Fridays from 7.30pm; plus occasional ticketed entertainment. Courtesy Bus service available.
- Kingscliff Beach Hotel (Kingy Pub) – free live music Fri & Sat nights, Sunday afternoons. Courtesy Bus service available. No live music while renovations are underway from October 2013.
- Cudgen Headland Surf Club (Kingy Surf Club) – free live music Friday nights in Spring/Summer and Sundays from 3pm.
- Salt Bar – free live music (or sometimes a DJ) Friday and Saturday nights. Courtesy Bus service available.
CABARITA BEACH & POTTSVILLE
- Cabarita Beach Sports Club – free live music most Friday and Saturday nights. Some ticketed events. Courtesy Bus service available.
- Marty’s Wine Bar Cabarita – open mic night Tuesdays, free live music Friday, Saturday nights, Sundays from 4pm.
- Beach Hotel Cabarita – has occasional Sunday afternoon sessions.
- Pottsville Beach Sports Club – free live music Friday nights, Sunday afternoons. Courtesy Bus service available.
- White Jade restaurant and café in Pottsville has open mic nights on Thursdays (summer, winter 6.30pm) and live music every Friday night (summer, winter, from 6.30pm).
MURWILLUMBAH, UKI & SURROUNDS
- Mount Warning Hotel, Uki – occasional live music.
- Tyalgum Hotel – live music 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month.
- Greenhills on Tweed – occasional live music events.
- Imperial Hotel, Murwillumbah – occasional live music.
- Murwillumbah Hotel, Murwillumbah – occasional live music.
- Ozzie Tavern, Murwillumbah – bands most weekends – venue currently closed as of September 2013 until further notice.
- Riverview Hotel, Murwillumbah – live music Sunday afternoons, some Friday nights.
- The Tweed Tavern (The Roundhouse), Murwillumbah.
- Condong Bowls Club – Jazz band on the last Friday of every month.
- Murwillumbah Services Club – free live music Friday and Saturdays from 6.30pm.
- Sphinx Rock Café, Mt Burrell – Free live music on Sunday afternoons, 1pm.