Hello Tweed Scenesters,
In case you haven’t noticed, it’s Valentine’s Day this Friday. Do you think it’s a load of commercial rubbish? Or are you hoping for a tiny taste of romance? Either way, you’ll have a great night out seeing some live music in the Tweed. Check the gig guide for Friday, Saturday and Sunday listings. Anything we’ve missed? You don’t have to be a romantic to share the love – leave a comment or drop us a line. Have a love-er-ly weekend,
Tonight (Thursday 13 February):
- Coolangatta Sands Hotel: Jam night with Average Joes
- Breezes, Twin Towns: Mojo Jacket
- Tweed Heads Bowls Club: Swizzle
- Uke Night, Tumbulgum Tavern, $10
See the rest of the weekend’s live music gig guide here.
THIS WEEK’S MARKETS
- Saturday: Kingscliff Market – 7am-1pm, Marine Parade, Kingscliff.
- Uki Buttery Bazaar Market – last of the 70s style markets, 8-2pm at the Buttery, Kyogle Road, Uki.
- Sunday: Pottsville Market, Phillip Street Reserve, Pottsville.
- Sunday: Tweed Heads Market – 7am-12pm, cnr. Florence & Recreation Streets, Tweed Heads.
- Wednesday: Murwillumbah Farmers Market – 7-11am, Murwillumbah Showgrounds, Queensland Road, Murwillumbah.
Find more details on markets in the Tweed here.
Australian Longboard Surfing Open: amateurs (that’s anyone who’s non-pro), get waxin’ for the upcoming comp at Kingscliff in March. Categories include Under 18s, Over 40s, Over 50s, Over 60s and Women Open. Details here.
Urbenville Village Festival: Market stalls, facepainting, live music, kids’ events and entertainment. Enter a competition on the day – iron man, tug-o-war, bull pat throwing and fence-post ripping all offering prizes and trophies. Sunday May 11, Urbenville Showgrounds , Urbenville. Free.
Private Assembly: a contemporary collection, group show. Tweed Scene checked out this exhibition last week and was impressed with the diversity of contemporary art on show. This is a private collection owned by Australian businessmen Alan Conder and Alan Pigott, featuring work from some renowned Australian and international artists. Well worth a look. Until Sunday June 8, Tweed River Art Gallery, Murwillumbah.
See all current art exhibitions here.
AT THE MOVIES
Find local cinemas here.